Hosting Plans and How It Can Affect Your Online Business
Normally once a website is completed and approved by the client it needs to go live and this is when hosting gets a prominent attention as customers normally don’t know about this ‘new’ needed feature and what to select. We at JobHouse Web Services do not force our clients to host with any specific company including us but we always like to offer our clients the best for what they need, to have a successful online business and we will guide them to select the best available option.
Hosting plays a great part on how your visitors experience your website and can make or break your online marketing and overall online experience. All that you wished to accomplish with your site can be destroyed by the wrong decision and with it, it can definitely ruin your online reputation. Here we’ll point out the most commonly needed types of hosting in a hope to help our clients make the best decision.
This is like renting in an apartment building where you share space with all your neighbors. You can’t customize or change anything on the building but you share the maintenance cost and responsibility with your neighbors. Shared hosting is the most commonly used method of hosting, and is used for customers who have chosen trial or low-cost hosting packages.
We will not recommend this option because of these bad things about Shared Hosting:
- Slow websites
- No scalability
- Limited number of resources
- Limited customer support
Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
A VPS is like living in a townhouse, where you can do anything you like within your space based on your needs and manage it all by yourself. It is the most recommendable way of hosting medium to fairly big websites that are heavy in resources in a secured and more comfortable way.
This is a option that fits most of online businesses, you are guaranteed an amount of space and bandwidth as well as processing and RAM within the server.
We will recommend this option if your business falls into one of the following categories:
- Having a simple informational website (not e-commerces, CMS or custom sites)
- Have a limited number of email accounts (less than 10)
- Expecting not to have many visitors in the site (less than 500 a day)
- Having an ecommerce, CMS or custom website that can fit into a VPS
- If you are planing to expand your online business in a short amount of time.
- Expecting to have medium to heavy traffic on the site (more than 500 visits a day)
- Planing to have a good amount of email addresses (more than 10)
- Planing to work with secured data or offer SSL to your customers.
Good things about Virtual Private Servers:
- Faster websites
- Huge space and bandwidth which enables you to do what you like.
- You can grow your database and website in any possible way you need.
- Better customer support
Bad things about Virtual Private Servers:
- You need to know how to handle it or have someone to do it for you.
- It is a little more expensive than Shared hosting.
- You need to know how to maintain your VPS or have someone to do it for you.
Dedicated server is more like having your own house, you can do whatever you want at any time without limitations. A dedicated server can be as big as you need and have as many resources as you are wiling to like to pay for. It is in fact the recommended way to host websites and applications for heavy traffic and intensive resource usage. Besides using it for one big function you can also have more than one server working at the same time in order to provide you with all you need to run properly; for instance, Google’a search engine is said to use more than 2 million computers and all of them working together as a cluster just for the search.
Related Articles: 9 Essential Elements for Building an Effective Website
We will recommend a dedicated server if your business falls into one of the following categories:
- You have a custom made site that requires heavy processing
- You are planing to run big campaigns to drive traffic to your site.
- You have a very traffic intensive site
Good things about Dedicated Servers:
- Fastest websites and applications
- More bandwidth, space, processing power and RAM dedicated to your purpose
- Full power over any needed resources on the server
- Ability to install and manage old and new services
Bad things about Dedicated Servers:
- More expensive, and depending on what you need they can get very expensive.
- You need to know how to maintain your Servers or have someone to do it for you.
We offer all kind of hosting types and plans for our clients and only to our clients. At JobHouse Web Services we are not focused on making money out of these services as they are provided to our customers as a complement where we know their websites are going to fit perfectly and where they can rely on. If you decide to host your website with us every time you need something or have any request there is only one place to call : Us. No need for long things. We will give you all the support you need in order to have your online business producing and working as expected.
Source: Web Designer Express