We at Farming In Africa (FIA) as the main umbrella brand, with the mantra “farming into the future”, over the past years have had a singular vision of improving farming on the African continent by providing improved services and solutions ranging from quality and pure genetic breeds of various livestocks, Improved seeds (plants and livestock nutrition), innovative small scale tools and equipment and finally practical training and education on all social media platforms.
We have educated over a million farmers through our YouTube and other social media Channels (30K+ Subscribers, 2M+ views on YouTube) and 100s of farmers (via one-on-one consultation and coaching services) on areas spanning crop, livestock, hay production, modernized farming and many other areas.
In addition to this, we have about 50K followers combined all on our social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok & Likee) where we constantly provide educational content on farming while promoting their products and farms.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Help identify new social media opportunities and crafting social media campaigns that will reach out to a local and global target audiences as well organic content for existing fans.
- Managing social media channels; planning calendars, managing assets, crafting content, finding and sharing relevant news.
- Develop creative and engaging social media content plans
- Develop, manage, advise and support on the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tiktok and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels.
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite or Falcon.io
- Coordinate third party creative contractors
- Help to develop, launch and manage new campaigns, promotions or content
- Stay up-to-date with social media cultural trends
- Ensure all content is shared for approval in line with timing plans, posted without error and at agreed times
- Create, schedule and publish social content
- Engage with page fans and followers and other relevant community groups
- Keep up to date with general Social creative practices and trends and cascade this information to the wider team
- Undertake audience research
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights.
- Analyse competitor activity
- Recommend improvements to increase performance
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- A minimum of 2 years plus proven experience in managing social media platforms
- Passion for researching, developing and managing social media content
- Must demonstrate an ability to think outside the box.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary based on experience
- An opportunity to routinely work remotely
- Performance based rewards