The Senior Retail Relationship Officer is responsible for managing customer expectations, identifying new business opportunities, and recording daily customer transactions to achieve the assigned asset and liability targets.
- Studies the market to identify the needs and expectations of customers.
- Designs and implements techniques for educating old and new customers on the benefits of the new product or service
- Executes sales campaigns to attract new customers to grow the deposit and loan portfolios per assigned targets
- Records transactions of customers using approved forms/templates including the use of digital channels
- Provides prompt personalized and efficient customer service to the Retail Banking Customers, deepen existing customer relationships through cross sell thereby increasing asset and liability portfolios
- Maximize uptake of products by existing and new customers through lead generation, courtesy calling and cross selling of asset and liability products
- Ensure that all KYC requirements and documents are accurate, adequate and up to date for all customers.
- Use customer information proactively in the prevention of fraud
- Adhere to policies and procedures ensuring that customer funds are deposited into customer accounts without suppression
- Performs any other duties assigned by his/ her supervisor
- Delivers against individual targets, also contributing to Branch and company-wide targets
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong selling and relationship management skills
- Critical thinker with good analytical skills
- Results oriented and problem-solver
- Customer-oriented and commercial awareness
- Pays attention to details.
- Commitment to achieving financial inclusion using digital solutions
- Digitally savvy and curious about technology as a tool to solve financial problems
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Understanding value prepositions in retail market segments
- Good marketing skills and a general knowledge of sales techniques.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Business Administration, Business Management, Commerce, Finance, Accountancy, Banking, or any related field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in selling deposit and loan products in a bank or other financial institution