The Sales Manager, Retail Banking, is responsible for leading the sales function within the Retail Banking segment He/she is required to lead the sales of the company’s personal and micro-enterprise deposit products and grow the deposit portfolio in line with agreed targets. The Sales Manager, Retail Banking shall report to the Head of Retail Banking
- Lead the deployment of the digital-forward value proposition of the Retail Banking segment to increase customer growth and retention.
- Provide leadership through sales coaching and training for all relationship officers and other staff.
- Lead team to conduct customer need analysis and deploy relevant products/solutions to the segment to ensure customer needs are met and value is created for the organisation.
- Plan and carry out all activities to pursue monthly and annual objectives via customer onboarding, campaigns and customer retention programs through Relationship Officers.
- Working with Brand/Marketing design, develop and implement all marketing and sales efforts for our target market.
- Directly work with the Head of Operations to streamline branch sale techniques, and customer service to continually help build trust, relationships with target customers, maintain existing customers and acquire new customers through planned product programs and tactical marketing campaigns.
- Implement strategies to drive the daily/weekly performance of relationship officers to ensure sustainable growth in the retail business.
- Provide input and customer insights to ensure that digital channels and products are designed to meet customer needs.
- Initiates and implements sales/promotional activities to actively put the Institutions products and services in the target market to increase market share.
- Identify, recruit, retain and lead a highly motivated and skilled sales team in order to meet the needs of customers in the segment and in line with the digital-forward approach of the organisation.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced sales skills, marketing analysis, financial knowledge.
- Ability to think critically and analyse complex data.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Good understanding of credit risk and understanding of the micro-enterprise sector
- An understanding of how technology can be used to improve financial inclusion and how technology is shaping the financial services landscape.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Minimum of BSc/BA in Economics, Finance, Marketing, or Business. An MBA in Marketing would be advantageous
- Experience of 5 to 7 years in managing sales and customer relationships in a bank or savings and loans company
- Knowledge in sales and marketing within the banking industry is greatly required.
[gravityform id=”163″ title=”false” description=”false”