Founded in 1993, our client is a leader in the retail and supply of furniture in Africa. The company has a retail shop area of more than 50,000m2, 33 points of sale with more than 1,000 employees and 2 stores in sub-Saharan Africa. Ghana is the latest addition and Accra is the starting city.
What you will do:
- Managing the creation of electrical systems in buildings, to ensure that the building in question faces no hitches in the distribution of power supply.
- Collaborating with other engineers to ensure the completion of the project at hand.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of ‘critical’ infrastructure.
- Ensuring that every building project embarked on is completed on time, without any logjams.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of mechanical systems such as plumbing systems, elevators, cooling systems, etc.
- Utilizing digital software in the modification of design specifications, as well as confirming if construction tallies with specifications aligned in the software.
- Utilizing specialized machinery to ensure full optimization of the task at hand.
- Supervising various teams/groups to hasten the completion of the project at hand.
- Accessing and developing the financial budget for the construction exercise, to enlighten the team on the estimated cost of production.
- Creating and managing certain vital records such as construction logs and other necessary documents in the construction process.
- Collaborating with the project manager in the preparation of work schedules.
- Ensuring a smooth relationship exists between the contractors and vendors, to ensure harmony in the construction process.
- Ensuring the materials and procedures employed by the workers are in accordance with the industry regulations.
- Communicating with the clients and managers, to ensure that they receive up-to-date information on the project at hand.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, civil engineering technology, or similar.
- State-approved license.
- Basic QS Experience
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of site works.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
- Exceptional leadership, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Perfect in AutoCad; MS Office
- Perfect with level instruments (Laser, Optical Level etc)
- Great organizational, and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Overall supervision of all project related works.