ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1993, our client is a leader in the retail and supply of furniture in Africa. The company has a retail shop area of more than 50,000m2, 33 points of sale with more than 1,000 employees and 2 stores in sub-Saharan Africa. Ghana is the latest addition. If you are looking forward to joining an exciting, diverse and customer service-focused environment, apply this week!
Our client is looking to appoint a talented and experienced Marketing-Merchandising Manager to create, oversee and implement marketing & merchandising strategies.
What You Will Do
- Identify trends and monitor supply and demand.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to brainstorm new projects, campaigns and business ideas to meet and or exceed targets.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of marketing and merchandising strategies.
- Create along with the decorators’ eye-catching store layouts that showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company.
- Negotiate the costs of inventory for multiple stores/sections.
- Prepare annual and quarterly budgets and present them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Track inventory movement and systematically introduce promotions, sales, price changes, etc.
- Interpret sales reports and provide guidance on how to improve figures, customer engagement, retention and referral.
- Manage a team of marketing and merchandising executives to ensure that all deadlines, inventory requirements and customer orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform competitor analyses to ensure that they always stay ahead of the game
- Track sales to monitor the performance of each core product
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Business Administration/Management or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Must have experience in the retail industry
- Prior experience as a retail merchandiser, visual merchandiser or similar
- A background in marketing, communications, and/or design is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be creative and detail-orientated
- French speaking candidate is an added advantage
- Experience conducting market research