A reputable private Health Care Facility is seeking to employ a Laboratory Manager who’ll oversee the day-to-day operations of the laboratory operation. Ensures effective operation and maintenance of all laboratory equipment, manages testing, develops and manages budgets, meets customer service levels, and regulatory requirements. Manages staff including scheduling, performance management.
Job Functions/ Responsibilities
- Monitor and oversee the implementation of process improvements to meet or enhance quality and service targets.
- Assume responsibility for approval of final test results; quality control; performance improvement; and test procedures.
- Take accountability and resolve next level escalation on customer service issues.
- Assist in developing and implementing operations budget.
- Monitor financial, volume, and productivity data to meet targets.
- Implement cost reduction opportunities when identified.
- Develop and maintains laboratory policies and procedures.
Management of staff.
- Performance management of employee, including performance reviews.
- Train, orient and maintain competencies for employees.
- Maintain scheduling, time off approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENT /QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Minimum of Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or MLS D.
- AHPC Certification Required
- 2-5 Years Laboratory experience in all areas of the laboratory as a Registered MLS
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position with quality assurance background preferred.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Expert knowledge of laboratory health and safety protocols.
- Experience working in a lab would be advantageous