A technical institute based in Germany who are in the process of setting up a technical center in Ghana is seeking to employ a Center Secretary to work with. The institute will be providing training in the areas of refrigeration and Air-condition technology. They are also focused on servicing, maintenance, and installation of cooling equipment from private to industrial capacity. As a center Secretary, you will be instrumental in helping the center run smoothly, provide support to all Managers, Directors, and departments. You will strongly work with the Center Administrator to meet with the overall goal of the center.
What you will do:
- Strongly support and assist the Center Administrator in all functions / tasks as would be delegated to you by the Center Administrator
- Ensure the center functions efficiently and effectively
- Collaborate with the Center Administrator to ensure the center is operating in accordance with rules and regulations
- Facilitate good communication between the board, committees, senior management and non-executive directors, and shareholders
- Take for responsibility for organizing meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs), preparing agendas and taking minutes
Your direct line manager is the Director, Administration.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work
- The ability to prioritize work and to work well under pressure
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
- Management skills
- Teamworking skills
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- Have sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- A commercial frame of mind.
The work is mainly office based and you’ll usually work regular office hours. On occasion it may be necessary to work longer hours to accommodate lengthy tasks
Although this area of work is open to all graduates, the following subjects may be preferred and can offer some exemptions from the professional examinations:
- Accountancy and finance
- Business and management
What to expect
- Work is mainly office-based.
- Formal business wear is generally expected.
- responsibility and performance Opportunity to
- Opportunities to increase salary based on additional responsibility and performance
- Opportunity to start with us and grow with us!