Posted 5 months ago. Deadline: 20/09/2017. Salary: - GHS. Location: Accra.
- The Health Financing Specialist will focus on harnessing the potential of social franchising and health financing to help position Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) within the national health market to maximize health impact. The position will focus on support for adoption of the family Planning health financing strategy through pilot implementation.
- He/She will work with MSIG and other relevant agencies to improve the efficiency of health financing systems, improve the health financing functions of risk pooling, purchasing and revenue collection. Reports to the Head of Social Franchise and AHME and will be based in Accra and expected to travel outside Accra.
- Lead the implementation of the FP health financing pilot
- Provide evidence based policy and technical support and improve health system financing in terms of policy development, allocation and tracking of funds
- Organise/facilitate policy dialogue workshops on health financing and its links to policy
- Work closely and develop strong relationship with key projects partners, including Ministry of Health to strengthen health financing functions, financial planning and budget execution capabilities at the national and governorate levels
- Develop proposals for discussion and support relevant national experts to contribute as required
- Provide strategic leadership in health financing assessments and activities
- Support the analysis of the existing arrangements for health financing in the country as basis for developments
- Any other related duties that may come up
Qualification Required & Experience
Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or MPhil Finance, Health Economics, Health Policy, Public Administration, Management, Business or other relevant field
- At least 7 years of work experience in public sector health financing reforms at the national level
- Previous experience in performance based financing, change management, resource management, health insurance schemes and public financial management
- Experience of implementing health financing approaches, leading a team coupled with a passionate “go-get” attitude and commitment to professional development
- Demonstrated ability to engage and work with stakeholders at all health systems levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to write high quality reports
- Experience in working in sexual and reproductive health
- Knowledgeable about the health financing status in Ghana
- Sympathetic to young women and men seeking contraception and other reproductive health services
- Hardworking, results-focused and innovative and with own initiative
- Pro-family planning and pro-choice.
[gravityform id=”3359″ title=”false” description=”false”]