Contract Type: Defined Duration Contract
Reporting to: Head of Law & Development Associates (LADA Consult)
Subsidiary: Law & Development Associates (LADA Consult)
Documents Required: CV and Mandatory Covering Letter
Under the Immediate Supervision of the LADA Consult Manager:
- You may be assigned the role of Project Coordinator, leading a team of other Associates and Junior Associates to execute assigned projects.
- You may be called upon to deputise for the LADA Consult Manager and stand in when required.
- You will be assigned to do research work for project/program development and for consultations purposes.
- You will produce, either by yourself or in association with others, reports, proposals, concept notes, work plans and budgets, articles and other documentation required by either the Project Coordinators or the Projects Manager for planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating the operations of projects.
- You will be required to contribute your own views in the designing of proposals and consultation materials;
- You will be assigned to develop proposals on law related nature as well as for other areas such as gender development for example, and so;
- You may be required to contribute your own views in the sourcing and execution of any program/project of the Consultancy;
- You will assist the Manager of the Consultancy to establish strategic goals by gathering pertinent business and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action, defining objectives evaluating outcomes;
- You may be assigned to develop monthly, quarterly or annual budgets for a specific project/program;
- You will maintain quality service by enforcing quality partnership standards; analysing and resolving work quality and problems, and identifying trends and recommending systems for improvements.
- You will submit weekly task sheets showing your work deliverables.
- You may be required to prepare logistics and support plans for projects.
- You may be required to ensure that supervised staff members are adequately trained and cross-trained.
- You may be required to assist the manager to identify additional training needs to achieve high working standards.
- You may be required to assist the manager to ensure that accurate and complete accounting reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained electronically and physically.
- You will be required to perform other related tasks as required.
- You will be assigned to field work to facilitate and conduct consultations in any part of Ghana (as required);
- You will be assigned to field work in the regions to do presentations and teaching project beneficiaries.
- Organize, coordinate and manage (multiple) projects and trainings;
- Writing of proposals;
- Accurate writing of project reports;
- Execute projects in various parts of the country;
- Other administrative duties as required.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in law practice, work in a corporate environment or other relevant post qualification experience or Minimum 4 years postdegree work experience, of which 2 must be in a relevant field: development sector, policy, law, human rights, NGO sector, project management/implementation or coordination
- Excellent ability to synthesize meetings, reports, briefing papers, etc.
- Excellent written communication with proven experience in high- level report writing
- Proven experience in project management or development
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working partnerships, with key stakeholders
- Must be ready and willing to work the typical 8am-5pm work schedule, weekends and away from his/her base, if need be
- Must be ready and willing to be mentored
- Proficient in Microsoft packages and Database systems, and Internet as a research tool.
- A team player, ability to multitask and work in cross-functional fast-paced environment with the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required.
- Must demonstrate strong capacities to lead a team.
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft word, excel, outlook)
- Experience working with multiple sectors, such as international organizations, governments and the private sector.
- Experience preparing project proposals.
- Experience developing fund raising / resource mobilisation strategies.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Working knowledge of French.
- A holder of Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B) or any other related Bachelor Degree minimum;
- A Master’s degree in Law (LL.M) preferred or any other relevant Masters Degree;
- The Associate will be a highly self-motivated and efficient team player, with exceptionalattention to detail.
- The Associate will be highly organised and able to meet tight deadlines whilst working under pressure.
- The Associate will display mature work practices and demonstrable sound judgement and flexibility in all areas of their role.
Remuneration: Attractive and commensurate with experience.