The job holder is responsible for risk free handling and prompt processing of clearing cheques including inward and outward clearing and settlement.
- Raise clearing entries on a daily basis.
- Reconcile all clearing accounts on a daily basis.
- Perform call back function on all inward clearing checks.
- Liaises with relevant parties (e.g. corporate relationship managers and branch managers) to obtain approvals for transactions to be processed.
- Provide input/feedback/ideas in order to make improvement to processes and procedure within clearing processing unit.
- Coach Branch Officers intermittently on cheque processing
- Keep a proper filing system of vouchers, images, etc.
- Proactively alerting compliance issues, implement departmental operating instructions to ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements and coordinate in regulatory inspections.
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to; Reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customer
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting, finance or any related field.
- Sound knowledge of banking and statutory regulations
- Minimum of 2 year working experience in clearing
- Strong inter-personal skills to manage customers effectively
- Ability to identify, analyze and manage operation risks
- Basic PC skills – word processing and spreadsheets
- Thorough understanding of the Banks products and customer mandates
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills