• We are looking for a reliable logistics manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. He/She will organise and monitor the storage and distribution of goods.
• The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
• Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
• Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
• Resolve any arising problems or complaints
• Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
• Proven working experience as a logistics manager
• Record of successful distribution and logistics management
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
• Proficient in standard logistics software
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or in directly related areas of specialisation, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. OR, a recognised qualification in procurement and contracting.
• Educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply chain management, etc.)
• Minimum of two years of relevant professional work experience.
• Work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting and administration and/or other related fields at the national level.
• Experience in emergencies desirable.
Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [I]
• Drive for Result [I]
• Working With People [I]
Functional Competencies (Required)
• Applying Technical Expertise [I]
• Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
• Planning and Organising [II]