VisionFund Ghana is part of a network of International Micro Finance Institutions working in 32 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America. Middle East and Eastern Europe. VisionFund is a subsidiary of World Vision International and we work in partnership to unlock the economic potential for communities to thrive, by providing financial empowerment to families to create jobs and incomes that improve the well-being of children. VisionFund Ghana Money Lending Limited has 11 branches across the 10 regions of Ghana and serves clients in mostly Rural and Peri Urban communities.
Reports to: Chief Operation Officer
• The Regional Manager is responsible for the managing a cluster of branches in a defined zone to deliver set institutional objectives, The role shall offer leadership to a team of staff to deliver services in strict accordance with the Institutions’ Standards.
• Lead the implementation of institutional strategies to realise business objectives of the region
• Prepare Regional business plans and budgets
• Assess competitor environment through surveys and coordination of research activities and feedback to relevant departments for further action.
• Participate in the process of strategic planning for programme implementation, expansion and sustainability
• Coordinate all activities aimed at integration
• Guide Branch managers on Savings Groups linkages and Value Chain activities to drive successful integration with partners
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor University Degree preferably in Business with emphasis in MicroFinance/Development Finance or knowledge of specialized principles or techniques equivalent to those that would normally be obtained through a college/university academic program or in-depth specialized training program directly related to the work to be performed.
• 2 years’ experience in a Regional/Area Management position
• 5 years’ experience within a Financial Institution.
• Must have good business development skills and relate well with people from diverse back- grounds
• Must have a good knowledge in microfinance methodologies, products and services
• Must be very conversant with VF Ghana’s core objectives and business model
• Must be dynamic, innovative and self-motivated
• Must be willing and able to work effectively
• under pressure and be goal oriented
• Must have strong organisational abilities