We require a confident leader and a strategic thinker who will drive the company’s marketing activities and motivate staff to build an effective results-oriented team. A strategic level position, the successful applicant will head the Marketing Department, report to the Managing Director and contribute to policy formulation of the company.
Develop and implement brand and corporate marketing plans and strategies to achieve the corporate objectives of GCGL in terms of growing its newspaper business and corporate image within the framework of overall strategy and agreed target.
- Formulate marketing plans to enable GCGL sell its products and services to achieve its target revenue
- Coordinate the various functional activities of Brand management, Market Research, Sales and Circulation, Adverts and Business Development to ensure an efficient and effective market function.
- Undertake regular audience surveys, product and idea tests and pretesting of brands to determine customer profiles, preference and expectation to assist GCGL change/vary the editorial content of its brands to meet customer expectation as well as take advantage of emerging niche segments
- Develop marketing communication and creative artwork to market GCGL’s products and services
- Develop effective policies and procedures to ensure proactive internal and external advocacy for the company
- Develop strategies to grow GCGL’s events and Below the Line activities
- Strong business awareness and analytical skills
- Proven track record of innovation and creative approach to exceed targets
- Strong customer centered orientation
- Highly motivated with strong drive and ability to exert positive influence to achieve key deliverables
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent market research skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s qualification in marketing
- Ten (10) years post qualification relevant experience gained from working in a marketing position in a dynamic working environment. Five (5) years of this experience should have been at the strategic decision making in a medium to large multi sited organisation
- A CIM/CIMG qualification
- Working knowledge of the media industry