To proactively maximise debts collections, remain within budget on bad debts and minimize risk to the company. To ensure that all farmers loan ledger and credit control tasks are completed.
Responsible To: Deputy Finance Controller
• Confirm, print, sort and reconcile farmers outstanding with system balances.
• Update business objectives and daily farmers’ loan recovery records.
• Reconcile the bank statement, provide accurate recovery information to Data entry for posting customer receipts onto relevant farmers’ loan recovery ledger accounts with the highest accuracy and debits as appropriate.
• Deal with and resolve queries
• Monitors overdue payments by use of a spreadsheet
• Attend debtors meeting with Sales and Finance directors
• Update corporate sales figures information sheet
• Email and post statements of accounts
• Maintains accurate and up to date customer details and account records
• Update debtors balance on credit monitoring facility
• Attend to all tasks commensurate with the role
• Any additional tasks that reflect the business needs
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must exhibit Rowlinson values; trust, care, be better
• Previous experience in a credit control role is essential
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• PC literate; especially Word, Excel, email /Outlook-must be used to working with different Accounting systems.
• Must be comfortable working in a warehouse office, open plan environment and be prepared to help in other areas of the business as required.
• Ability to manage workload and deadlines effectively
• Must be a team player and be flexible
• Attention to detail
• Must be confident in dealing with customer queries, including those of a difficult nature as we adopt affirm but fair approach to cash collections
• Experience in legal debt collection processes would be advantageous
• HND and Degree in Accounting. Previous Working Experience from Academic Institution is a PLUS.
• Working Experience: 1-5 years.