The Dean serves as the chief academic and administrative officer of the School. He/she is responsible for the academic leadership and general administration of the School in respect of human, financial and material resources of the School within the general framework of GIMPA’s statutes and policies.
The successful candidate will help shape the future of the School in ways consistent with GIMPA’s vision and strategic plan. It is expected that the newly appointed Dean will have a distinguished record of academic achievement and managerial competence.
The successful person shall hold office for a term of three (3) academic years and may be eligible for another term of up to three (3) years only.
The successful candidate shall report to the Rector through the Deputy Rector.
- Provide leadership and guidance in maintaining and enhancing the vigor of research, scholarship, and other activities of faculty.
- Foster academic excellence in established courses and programs, exploring innovative approaches to teaching, and enhancing the educational experience of students at the School.
- Enthusiastically solicit and secure financial support for the School from both- public and private sources within the country and from abroad.
- Ensure that all standards of accreditation are met by the School.
- Make recommendations to the Academic Board for the development of new programmes and continuous public service education and professional development courses and refinement of existing programmes at the School.
- Establish partnership with national and international institutions.
- Take strategic advantage of the satellite campuses in the delivery of demand driven programmes and courses.
- Perform any other incidental and related duties as directed by Management.
Remuneration: Very attractive and competitive
Required Skills or Experience
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, traits, and competencies:
- Preferably be of professorial status from a reputable institution;
- Be capable of providing academic leadership to the School;
- Proven competencies and experience in leading and managing an academic unit;
- Demonstrable experience in the running and management of educational programmes, industry and public service;
- Strong commitment to academic excellence;
- Must be capable of maintaining excellent regular working relationship with the Head of Civil Service, Chief Directors in particular, and Heads
- of all Public Services generally;
- Expertise in international accreditation systems;
- Ability to develop external relations;
- Proven track record of innovative and effective leadership in higher education or public service;
- A distinguished research and publication record;
- Ability to take initiatives leading to innovations and the development of new educational programmes;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Experience at top management in a university context will be an added advantage;
- Ability to serve a full-term of three (3) years before attaining statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
How To Apply
- Applications with CV, cover letters, vision statements, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org July 31, 2018.
- Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above emai address by July 31, 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.